Upon graduation, many members jump into the workforce and lose their connection with Alpha Gamma Delta. When asked why that is, many alumna members tell us that they simply do not know how to get involved.
Here is your cheat sheet on the many ways to stay involved with Alpha Gamma Delta in the new year. We hope you'll consider reconnecting through at least one of these avenues!
Join an Alumnae Group - The easiest way to get involved as an alumna is to join a local alumnae group! If you are simply looking for a way to connect with sisters, you can participate in gatherings and events as your schedule allows - no commitment necessary! Additionally, leadership opportunities are available if you're interested in volunteering at a different level.
• Junior Circles are typically for members under 35. Junior Circles help transition our newest alumnae from collegiate members to lifelong alumnae involvement. Members of Junior Circles may come together for sisterhood events, philanthropic or community service events and more. For more information, please contact Jennifer Monk, Fraternity Programs Specialist, at AGDFPS5@outlook.com.
• Alumnae Chapters and Alumnae Clubs also provide members the chance to meet new sisters and stay involved in the Fraternity. Like Junior Circles, they host sisterhood, philanthropy and community service events; however they also elect officers to lead the business of the group and coordinate these involvement opportunities. To find an Alumnae Chapter or Club near you, please visit our chapter locator. Once you've found an alumnae group in your area, you can follow links to the group's social media sites or email the President to learn more about how to get involved.
• The Rosebud program is intended for mothers with young children. This club encourages Alpha Gam members with children to gather together. It is a great time to bond with sisters who are at the same stage in life as you! For more information, please contact Kelly Lucas Davenport, Fraternity Programs Specialist, at AGDFPS7@outlook.com.
Be a Pearl Sister - Alumnae from any geographical location can sign up to be a Pearl Sister for Alpha Gam colonies. As a Pearl Sister you provide support and guidance to a new member of one of our newest colonies. Some Pearl Sisters, location permitting, will meet for coffee or lunch, while others simply send cards or connect via social media. This is an easy, free and FUN short-term volunteer opportunity and is especially fitting for first-time volunteers. For more information and to sign up to be a Pearl Sister for our Epsilon Lambda reestablishment in Spring 2014 and further colonization efforts in Fall 2014 (including Appalachian State University!), please visit this link.
Volunteer at the Local Level - Each collegiate chapter must have advisors in order to function properly. As an advisor, you provide guidance for the day-to-day running of the chapter. If you are interested in coaching collegiate women through volunteering with a local collegiate chapter, please contact the Chapter Advisor. Feel free to reach out to Jaimie Ware, IHQ Member Services Coordinator, if you need help identifying individual chapters/advisors in your area.
Volunteer at the International Level - The Volunteer Service Team is made up of members who are appointed by International Council to serve a specific area for two years. There are many different types of positions requiring a variety of time and talents - chapter development, new chapters, ritual, finance, philanthropy, recruitment and more. For more information, please contact Chantal Germaine Simard, Director of Alumnae Development, at DAD@alphagammadelta.org.
In this season of celebration and giving, below is a reminder of some ways that you can give back to your Fraternity:
Alumnae Dues - It's only $40, and it helps so much. Learn more and pay online now!
• Ecard - A lot of folks send holiday cards during this time of year. Consider sending ecards to your sisters!
• Ornament - Does your tree need a little Alpha Gam love? As part of the parent's campaign, if you donate $100 in your daughter's honor you will receive an Alpha Gamma Delta ornament for your tree! Follow this link and note the ornament offer and your daughter's name in the 'Special Instructions' section!
• Donation - Looking for a way to donate before 2013 comes to a close? Making plans for regular 2014 giving? Check out the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation website to learn about all of the ways you can give to this outstanding organization.
International Headquarters Initiative - Help the Fraternity preserve its legacy for decades to come by donating to this building campaign. Learn more, donate online, or contact Michele Hartlove, International Headquarters Initiative Task Force Chair, at AGDADS6@outlook.com.
As you consider your options for New Year's resolutions, please remember Alpha Gamma Delta and the impact she has made in your life. By giving your time, talent and treasure to the Fraternity, you are not only saying "thank you" to Alpha Gamma Delta, you are also making an impact on generations of Alpha Gamma Delta women to come.