The Volunteer Service Team (VST) is comprised of alumnae (elected or appointed) who devote their time and expertise to the continued growth and improvement of Alpha Gamma Delta. The VST is led by International Council and made of International Standing Committees, the Chapter Development Team and the Fraternity Resources Team.
The VST Experience
- Assembling and participating in virtual teams
- Navigating collaborative work in a multigenerational environment
- Identifying inconsistencies and/or patterns in information and effectively using resources to resolve issues
- Facilitating groups of stakeholders through problem solving or change processes
- Using organizational values, professional standards and established policies and procedures in decision-making
- Generating commitment and enthusiasm from others to set and achieve challenging objectives
- Facilitating difficult conversations with others by giving honest and timely feedback
- Developing relationships through mutual trust and commitment to a common vision
The deadline for current VST members to submit their Intent to Return application is January 15, 2015. For new applicants, completed recommendation form(s) and application are due by February 1, 2015. To learn more about the application and process, please reference the application guide. Through the application guide, you will be able to review all application questions. When you begin the application online you will not be able to "save and return" so it is important to review the questions now so you have time to prepare meaningful responses. To learn more about specific job descriptions for each volunteer position, please follow the links in the menu to the left.
Although it is not required, it is highly recommended that new applicants provide 2-3 references. Your references may or may not be members of Alpha Gamma Delta. Each reference needs to fill out the official recommendation form. There is a section of the online application where you can upload the completed recommendations forms. If your reference(s) would prefer to submit their recommendation directly to International Headquarters, please have them email it to email@example.com.