In 2015-16, grants were provided for the following programs:
- The Leadership Conference (TLC): Keynote speaker Lizzie Post educated 602 sisters about the fine skills of dining etiquette at an etiquette dinner at TLC. The program helped the women develop ease and confidence in utilizing these skills in professional and social situations
- UIFI (Undergradaute Interfraternity Institute) Scholarships: Forty-eight UIFI participants honed essential life skills in areas such as leadership, group dynamics, service and organizational change and development.
- LeaderShape Scholarships: Forty-nine collegiate sisters attended LeaderShape, where they learned to lead with integrity while working towards a vision grounded in personal values.
- Leadership Consultant (LC) Program: This long-standing program provides on-site leadership training and promotes development of skills applicable for life-long leadership roles. Leadership Consultants provided 112 collegiate chapters with leadership training visits this past year.
- GreekLifeEdu: This online interactive course educates sisters about behaviors that compromise personal safety (alcohol use, hazing/bullying and sexual assault) and challenges preconceived social norms. Over 5,266 new members completed the course this past year; completion is a requirement for Initiation into Alpha Gamma Delta.
- Novak Institute for Hazing Prevention: Interdisciplinary team of campus professionals, volunteers and students attended the Novak Institute for Hazing Prevention to tackle the public health issue of hazing from a strategic approach focused on prevention rather than response. Campuses could send representatives from student life, athletics, music/band, residential housing, etc. A total of 12 people attended from Northwestern University and High Point University. The premise is that hazing is a campus issue, not just a Greek issue.
- StrengthsQuest Grant: 118 Chapter Presidents attended The Academy for Chapter Presidents and participated in a StrengthsFinder assessment to identify their top five strengths. Facilitators then helped them take their individual strengths and develop personalized strategies to become effective leaders.
Help keep this support going. Make a gift today!
For more information, contact Julie Waitman, Executive Director at the Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.663.4242.