International Convention is held every two years, unless otherwise directed by International Council. All initiated members in Good Standing with the Fraternity are encouraged to attend.
In addition to Fraternity business, Convention includes educational speakers and workshops on a variety of subjects from leadership to recruitment. Recognition of achievement is given through International Fraternity awards. Ritual services, music, ceremonies, banquets and fun times provide all attendees with inspiration and a true sense of international sisterhood.
Join us for International Convention from July 13-16, 2016, in Orlando, Florida! We'll be staying at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.
The Leadership Conference (TLC)
The Leadership Conference is held on an off Convention year. Collegiate members and advisors from across the continent gather to learn more about Alpha Gamma Delta's educational programs and to work toward becoming dynamic leaders. Check back for information regarding TLC 2017.
International Reunion Day (IRD)
For many years, Alpha Gamma Deltas gathered to celebrate May 30 as Founders' Day. This became increasingly difficult since many colleges and universities were either closed or taking final exams. In 1936, Founders' Day became a historic term and was replaced with International Reunion Day (IRD), which is to be celebrated on the third Saturday of April every year.
IRD is a time to develop or rekindle Fraternity friendships and to renew and develop understanding of the true meaning of Alpha Gamma Delta. It is celebrated in various ways throughout the Fraternity with large and small groups gathering for luncheons, dinners, teas and community service.
The theme for IRD 2016 is Endless Possibilities.
This theme celebrates the great achievements of ΑΓΔ women and highlights the strengths we gain through our association with the Fraternity. Alpha Gamma Delta plays a huge role in making us the amazing women that we are. Perhaps your IRD program includes inviting each woman to consider her past, present and future in the Fraternity.
- Plan to nominate a sister for the Talent of Leadership Award and present it at IRD.
- Highlight the achievements of the collegiate chapter.
- Honor collegiate chapter advisors for their commitment to future Alpha Gams.
- Include a shout-out to alumnae and collegians who are dedicated to the Fraternity, community service, leadership, Living with Purpose, etc. Create some fun "awards" to honor these women.
- Borrow an idea from the Delta Experience and have each woman complete her own timeline and then add hers to a group timeline of ΑΓΔ involvement.
- Give journals as favors to help sisters document their Fraternity involvement.
- Be sure to appoint an IRD chairman early so she can plan an amazing celebration!
WEEK OF SERVICE
The inaugural Alpha Gamma Delta Week of Service is on Sunday, February 14 through Saturday, February 20. Our Purpose challenges us to contribute to the world's work in the community where we are placed. What better way to do this than by having all of our sisters around the globe focus on community service and living this line of our Purpose at the same time?
Here's how you can be involved in this exciting new tradition:
- Make a plan!
- Choose a date from Sunday, February 14-Saturday, February 20, and a focus for your service that will have an impact in the community you are placed.
- Grab a sister!
- Your community service can be: a chapter-wide event, an alumnae event, a combination of both or just an informal gathering of sisters.
- Contribute to the world's work!
- Our goal is to have Alpha Gams contribute over 10,000 hours to our communities during our inaugural Week of Service.
- Share your success!
- Share the number of hours you contribute during the Week of Service by clicking the button below. Submit your high resolution photos here and don't forget to post on social media that week using #AlphaGamServes. Questions? Contact Samantha Avanzino, Community Engagement Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to fill out your IRD information and we'll add your event to our master list.